Synthetic diamonds are created to the exact chemical makeup of a diamond and are sold only by Gemesis, Apollo, Chatham and D Nea Diamonds, and usually cost slightly less than a mined (real) diamond.
All other lab created, fake, man made, imitation diamonds are simulated - they look exactly the same, but have significantly different chemical properties. Eco Diamonds are simulated diamonds.
Eco Diamond stones have an excellent hardness, similar to many other precious stones such as sapphire, topaz and ruby. Eco Diamonds stones are cut to the exact proportions and standards demanded by the diamond industry.
The Global Gemological Laboratory (GGL) confirms that our Eco Diamonds stones compare so closely to the characteristics of a diamond, they are considered to be the finest cut diamond alternative on the market.
The difference between retail store settings and our Eco Diamonds settings is incomparable. The majority of imitation jewelry on the market is of inferior quality, poor cut, sterling silver or "gold" plated, and have an obvious fake appearance. Our settings are of the finest quality and solid platinum, gold or palladium. We encourage you to visit our product education page on our metals and our stones for further and detailed information.
No one will be able to tell the difference with the naked eye. Only a professional diamond jeweler looking at it under a microscope will be able to distinguish our lab created stones from mined diamonds. Over one hundred years ago, people purchased only natural pearls. Today cultured pearls are extremely popular and the same situation has occurred with man-made stones. Therefore, the result is that the Eco Diamonds diamond truly mimics the light play, luster and beauty of a natural diamond but at man-made prices.
This is precisely why Eco Diamonds was created. With today's uncertain economy, now is not the time to go into debt for a luxury purchase. When young couples are just starting out, most do not have the money to spend on mined diamonds, but still want something of high quality and beauty. This is where Eco Diamonds comes in. You can purchase the exact quality of setting from any jewelry store or boutique and have a diamond-cut alternative stone. Don't worry! You have the rest of your married life to add a mined diamond to her Eco Diamonds setting, should you chose to do so. However, many people keep their Eco Diamonds stone due to environmental and ethical reasons and never feel the need to upgrade to a mined diamond.
Here are some helpful tips:
1. Don't start in debt now. Save money without sacrificing style and quality.
2. Have a conversation with your future fiancé about ring expectations. Your finances will very soon be both of your finances. In other words, money he is spending towards a ring could go towards a wedding, a house, a vacation, paying off credit card debt from either or both spouses. Every financial advisor will tell you to never go into debt for a natural diamond wedding ring, since they are a poor investment and have little resale value.
3. Realize you can always upgrade the stone later. This way, you can get a bigger stone now in a top-notch setting that never needs to be upgraded or replaced.
4. Take into consideration the other costs when entering into marriage. The more disposable income when first starting a marriage, the better.
This page will help you to determine how to properly match your ring for a finger. You can order a free ring sizer from us. Alternatively, you can go to your local jeweler and have your finger sized there. For the men out there that want to do this secretly, just ask one of her best friends or her sister if they know her size. It is a commonly discussed topic if you are starting to get serious.
Significant. Price differences between Eco Diamonds stones of like quality are notable, sometimes as much as $5,000 to 10,000 per carat. Please view our Diamond Reality video on how much you can really save. You'll be amazed at the difference!
If you are soley interested in synthetic diamonds with the same chemical properties as mined diamonds, please visit Gemesis, Apollo, Chatham and D Nea Diamonds. Synthetic diamonds are still very expensive and cost approximately 30% less than natural diamonds. It is important to note that synthetic diamonds are only available in colored forms and not white, colorless carat weights large enough for engagement or wedding rings. As of this printing, it is nearly impossible to obtain white, colorless synthetic diamonds on the market as the technology has not been able to duplicate the white color suitable for traditional engagement rings.
Trust, integrity, and value are at the heart of Eco Diamonds and our products. For your peace of mind, we provide a worry-free, lifetime warranty for your beautiful stone. Eco Diamonds are guaranteed to retain their flawless beauty forever. This lifetime guarantee is our promise to you that your stones will be replaced for discoloration or loss of brilliance under normal wear. Eco Diamonds will gladly repair or replace your stone at no charge if it should chip or break, or any defect in the workmanship or materials become apparent. We completely guarantee that your stone will never fade, discolor, chip, or break. If anything happens to your stone, we will replace it free of charge.
Lab created diamond cut stones from Eco Diamonds are not subject to the price-fixing, price-gouging, manipulations, and unethical practices of the diamond industry. Our flawless stones cost a small fraction of the outrageous prices charged for mined gemstones. By owning an Eco Diamond ring, you are savings thousands of dollars--and banking the difference.
Not only are our rings less expensive, but Eco Diamonds stones are conflict free. You can get any ring you desire without any limitations.
You probably have an idea of what you want already, and we can help you to simplify the process. A great deal of time is spent selecting the diamond as cost determines everything (in an attempt to keep the cost down), and the sales people can be high-pressure. There are hundreds of complicated and overwhelming decisions at jewelry stores. With Eco Diamonds, we have eliminated the need for the "run around" with the 4 C's at every jewelry store, and you can shop in the convenience of your own home, day or night. With Eco Diamonds, you will get a perfect lab created diamond cut stone every time--the stones are graded as a clarity of IF (Internally Flawless) with the color being graded in the D-F scale. After all of the time you spend at various jewelry stores, you often times still end up spending $3000 - 4000 and getting a smaller, more flawed diamond with a little yellowish color, which was not necessarily what she envisioned in the first place.
With Eco Diamonds, you do not have to settle for less than what you envision. You know what you want from looking at ads and pictures in bridal magazines, but may not be able to get it due to price. With the Eco Diamonds way, you can get exactly what you want without any price boundaries. Don't settle for a smaller diamond in order to get better quality. Get her the ring she has always dreamed of for the fraction of the price.
On a certain level jewelers perceive alternatives to diamonds as competing for their business. At times, they feel like they are being tested. Jewelers are very knowledgeable about natural diamonds but are not as familiar simulants and gemstones. They would prefer to gain a substantial sale from you rather than lose your business. For these reasons, many jewelers will not offer many flattering comments.
Man-made gemstones are a relatively new product with state-of-the-art technology and are a viable option that jewelers may not yet provide. Please read our article about 10 Things Your Local Jeweler Doesn't Want you to Know
Eco Diamonds purchases all our settings from the United States. We are proud to say our settings are identical in quality and style to that of most jewelry stores or specialty boutique you will visit. In fact, many of our settings will be exactly the same settings as you would find in any jewelry store. Why? Because approximately 75% of jewelery stores in America buy their settings from the same industry-wide manufactuer. We just keep the prices down and pass along the savings to our customers.
We agree that many diamond simulants on the market are of very poor quality mainly do to the following inferior production techniques:
1. Poor selection of rough, meaning that low grade raw material is used in a non-sterile environment. This results in poor clarity rough crystals that result in low color grades and poor clarity stones. Our stones are produced in an ultra clean environment in the finest European labs, using ultra refined raw materials.
2. Inferior cutting techniques yielding less than perfect stone proportions. This produces a stone that does not refract and reflect light in an ideal way. Our stones are cut to the same standards of diamonds. In fact, our stones are truly a cut above the rest. They are the first in the world to faithfully adhere to the Gemological Institute of America's comprehensive set of standards for grading diamond cut quality. The GIA's test methods, including sophisticated computer modeling, confirm that the level of brilliance in Eco Diamonds cut equals that of the highest quality diamond, placing this new cut in a class of its own.
3. Incomplete polishing of facets. This creates the milky or cloudy effect that you see in many inferior CZ stones. Eco Diamonds polish each stone by hand, while not forgetting the crown and pavilion facets that are notoriously left unpolished leaving a less than perfect stone.
At Eco Diamonds, customer satisfaction and confidence is the most important aspect of our business. That is why we are proud to offer independent grading certificates for our rings from the Global Gemological Laboratory. GGL is widely recognized as one of the world's premier scientific diamond grading laboratories. GGL provides unbiased diamond grading reports and appraisals for cutters, importers, wholesalers and jewelers (Morgan Jewelers, Fred Meyer, Jareds, Kay Jewelers, Sams Club) throughout the United States. With state of the art gemological equipment and a staff of distinguished gemologists and appraisers, GGL is establishing elite standards in the world of diamond grading reports and appraisal.
View complete information about our lab created stones, lab grading reports, and identifications cards by visiting here.
Others will forever admire your jewelry so it is important that your stone always sparkles at its best, with a few simple actions this is easy to achieve.
Your stones live with you. They are inevitably exposed to weather, pollution, knocks and different forms of contact, including contact with your skin. Because they are precious and you cherish them, they deserve your full care. By following a few simple care tips, you will keep your jewelry pieces in excellent condition for years to come.
1. When choosing your jewelry, keep your activities and lifestyle in mind. It is advised to avoid wearing your rings to the beach, swimming pool or when playing sports, so as to avoid knocking or scratching them. Moreover, repeated contact with perfumes, cosmetics, household detergents or insecticides may damage your ring.
2. If possible, remove your jewelry before starting any activity such as athletics, cooking or gardening, which is likely to damage it.
3. Using hairspray, lotions, cosmetics and household chemicals or detergents may cause discoloration or leave small deposits on your stone which may cloud the brilliance.
4. The best place to store jewelry is in an individual pouch, in the original Eco Diamonds box or in a separate compartment of a jewelry box.
5. You can clean your rings yourself with regular jewelry cleaner, or lukewarm soapy water by delicately scrubbing them with a small, very soft brush. Carefully rinse them with water and dry them with a very soft cloth.
Because Eco Diamond stones are created under laboratory conditions, computers control the temperatures, while foreign materials found in the earth are eliminated from the starting chemicals. This makes Eco Diamonds crystal growth more predictable and consistent. It also prevents impurities (which occur naturally) from entering the stone during the creation process
We currently ship worldwide. Customers which reside outside of the continental United States will need to pay an additional $35 for delivery. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team.
Keeping with our tradition of excellence and personal customer service, each ring is customized for you. Once we receive your order, our professional jewelers will begin setting your stones individually and it will take approximately 7-10 business days to receive your order. Some simple solitaires will be much quicker. Once the custom-created ring(s) have been completed, it is shipped overnight via Fedex or UPS. You will receive a shipping confirmation along with a tracking number the night before you receive the package. If you require expedited services, we will do everything we can to assist with the process.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover through PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account. PayPal is a safe environment to complete your purchase and is used by millions of people and businesses around the world.
If you are not entirely satisfied with one of our products you may return it to us within the first 15 days from when the ring is delivered. There is no restocking or other hidden charges within the first 15 days, a full refund is issued. Please note that we do not accept returns on the basis of 'just trying it out' or similar scenarios. Each ring is custom-created based on your specifications. The purpose of this return policy is to assure our customers that our products are of the finest quailty, and we are completely confident you will be extremely happy with your purchase by backing it up with a promise.
Products must be returned in an "as new" condition. Please first call to arrange return or get in touch via the contact us page. We will issue you a returns number. Please do not return rings in any other way as they will not be accepted if in "used" condition or not mailed by the consumer appropriately. This returns policy is limited to one engagement ring and and one wedding or anniversary band per customer. Your statutory rights are not affected by this returns policy. If there is a fault in materials or manufacture we will replace a ring free of charge. While Eco Diamonds operates a "Refund-or-Replace" return policy, we reserve the right to reject return item(s) in the case that the merchandise is not actually received or that is not returned in accordance with our Return Policy.